Sunday, January 11, 2015

Crochet Cotton Cowl

It's been a long time since I last posted. But, one of my New Year's resolutions is to get back into posting. :) Without further ado, I bring you my Crochet Cotton Cowl. I used the I Love This Cotton! brand because, quite frankly, I love this cotton yarn. It is very aptly named. It is soft and easy to work with. And it is soft. So soft. There are lots of things you can make with cotton yarn - not including everything you can make with acrylic yarn - but I feel like it doesn't really get its due because it so often associated with cheap cotton, like the Lily Sugar n' Cream stuff. Which is...fine. It's just cheap yarn. It's like getting the Red Heart Super Saver acrylic yarn. I've heard there are ways to make it softer, but they involve lots of work and fabric softener. Which I don't use because my toddler has uber-sensitive skin. So, I would be buying it just to soften up yarn. At that point, am I really saving money? I think not. Thus ends my rant about the merits about spending that extra dollar to get the good stuff. Ahem. ANYWAY...





This is a very repetitive pattern. You'll see the same rounds repeated over and over again.



I will call the colors A, B, C, and D. A is "Pewter", B is "Bright Teal", C is "Bright Green", and D is "Rosey II". I used a J Hook (6 mm).

Round 1: Start with color A. Ch 120. Connect with sl st to form a ring, making sure that you don't twist the ch.

Round 2: Ch 1. Sc around in the back loops. Join with sl st to the first sc.

Round 3: Ch 2. Dc in first st. Ch 1. Sk next st. [Dc, ch 1, skip next st] around. Join with sl st to first dc.

Rounds 4-5: Repeat round 3.

Round 6: Repeat round 2.

Round 7: Change to color B and repeat round 2.

Rounds 8-9: Repeat round 3.

Round 10: Repeat round 2.

Round 11: Change to color A and repeat round 2.

Round 12: Repeat round 3.

Round 13: Repeat round 2.

Round 14: Change to color C and repeat round 2.

Rounds 15-17: Repeat round 3.

Round 18: Repeat round 2.

Round 19: Change back to color A and repeat round 2.

Round 20: Repeat round 3.

Round 21: Repeat round 2.

Round 22: Change to color B and repeat round 2.

Rounds 23-24: Repeat round 3.

Round 25: Repeat round 2.

Round 26: Change to color A and repeat round 2.

Rounds 27-29: Repeat round 3.

Round 30: Repeat 2. Fasten off.

Join color D anywhere.
Round 1: Ch 1. Sc twice. Ch 2. Sk 1 st. [Sc twice. Ch 2. Sk next st] around. Join with sl st to first sc.
Round 2: Sl st to the first ch2-sp. Ch 1. Sc in same ch2-sp. [Ch 3, sc in next ch2-sp] around. Join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off.
Repeat on other edge. Weave in ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment